In this blog I hope to share all kinds of info on games, books, movies, and more.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

wait... it's RETIRED?

Yesterday, I earned a badge called the "pathfinder" merit badge in scouts. It was pretty easy to do, and fun. The awesome thing about this merit badge in particular is that it was retired in the '50s! They allowed us to get this badge this year alone because it is the 100 year anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America. Of course, it's not like I knew this until after I earned it. Being as easily distracted as I am, I was zoned out while the scoutmaster was talking, but still heard the important stuff. After i had finished earning it, the scoutmaster gave a speech about it, which was rather interesting. While listening he mentioned that it was retired... funny what you miss when you don't listen. I now have a retired merit badge! You won't be able to get it next year, this was one of the only chances, and i GOT IT! On other news, pancakes taste good and waffles are overrated.



-Nikolas out

No comments: